Military Vehicle Owners,
It is almost time for the largest military vehicle display in the history of Utah County and it is up to all of you to make this happen. I have been working very hard to make it into a great opportunity for you to show off your fantastic military vehicles and equipment.
Please, please, please pass this along to all who have military stuff who may not have herd about it yet. I found two people yesterday that somehow had never hear about this event and are now very excited to come. Here are the key points.
- Every owner of a vehicle will get an olive drab T-shirt that I think is really cool, two vehicles equals two shirts etc.
- See the picture attached to see the layout
- We have room for everyone who wants to come
- Choose to be in the parade or stay in the park
- Come for one day or all three
- Gail Halvorsen will be flying a WWII Harpoon Lockheed PV2 Bomber 250 feet above the ground dropping 1000 candy bars on parachutes
- Two WWII T-6 Texans will accompany the candy drop
- Bring your family, children, grand children, etc. all kids will get candy
- Weapons Display with guns from 1903 – 2000
- Equipment Display
- Extra tents for your equipment
- Free play “Cries of Freedom the Musical” about patriotism three times a day
- Pie baking contest
- Watermelon for 10 cents
- Swearing in Ceremony
- Live bald eagle
- Stay over night with your kids and be re-enactors
- Choose to watch Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat at the SCERA Shell or
- Watch Saints and Soldiers on a big screen
- Bike decorating contest
- Sand bag loading and stacking races for kids
- Stretch races for kids
- Inexpensive food
I have attached a map to show you how to get there and where to enter the park so that you can easily get to the right place on the grass.
The address is:
525 S 400 E. Orem UT, 84097
The earlier you come in the morning each day the better so that you are not trying to drive through people as you come into the park. I and about 15 other people that I know of will be camping and keeping things secure during the night. We will put really valuable stuff inside a super strong lockable truck each night.
Finally, I have attached a document that I gave to the people who are driving my trucks in the parade so that you know my thought. You will also receive an email from Shane Frey later tonight or tomorrow with details about the parade staging area.
This will be a fun and memorable event for you and your families.
There is so much happening with supporting veterans it is hard to mention everything so come and take it all in.
I am sure I missed something call or email with questions.
Thank you so very much for coming, I hope to see everyone of you there,
Media links about this event:
Channel 4 News: http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=3×2&auto_start=0&pf_id=9207&rel=3&show_title=0&va_id=5838614